Tuesday 18 April 2023

Signs of spring approaching


Somewhere you can feel the spring coming. It sounds like spring is hiding just around the corner. Officially it started end of March, but I can not see it yet. But I can not wait either 😇. Time to prepare when the temperature is at least above zero. We have been preparing the flowerbeds with fresh selfmade compost. And we repaired the grass by sowing some extra. At least it keeps us busy while we are outside. It's important to get in some extra energy after winter. 


I think you know already. When I find the first Blåsippa (Hepatica Nobilis) it makes me so happy. It is really the sign nature is going to start soon again. After this flower all other plants will start to grow and soon the garden will explode again. All plants growing and flowering after a grey wintertime. I love this time of season. Every year I hope this time (May/June) could stay some langer. (And maybe skip the November month?)


Some of the plants I could put outside already. They need a periode of cold to germinate, like the Verbena Bonariensis. I tried already some years but never succeeded before, till i read about this. So they have been out in very cold and frosty periods in sandy ground so they don't start to rot. And the good news is: they started growing! To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.